NEW FOR 2017-2018: Spotlight Award
School secretaries. Administrative assistants. Office managers. These employees serve as the backbone of their respective schools or districts. They're the first person greeting you when you walk in the front door, and the last person to say goodbye when you leave. Support staff are a main point of contact for students, staff, and parents alike, and often times, they're the ones who shape a school's culture.
For the 2017-18 LifeChanger of the Year Program, we're shining a spotlight on these roles in education by introducing the Spotlight Award. This award will be given to one LifeChanger in a specific discipline each year. The winner of this award will receive $5,000 to be shared between a $2,500 individual award and a $2,500 donation to their school or district.
This year, we're looking for LifeChangers who serve in office support roles in their school or district. Some possible job titles might include
- Administrative assistant
- Office manager
- Executive assistant
In addition to working in an office support role, nominees must
- Make a positive impact in the lives of students
- Enhance their school or district’s atmosphere, culture and pride
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership at the school and/or district level
- Possess a proven record of professional excellence
- Show commitment to building a nurturing environment that supports learning
- Adhere to the highest moral and ethical standards
Nominations for this award close September 30th, 2017. Please note that all Spotlight Award nominees are also eligible for our other awards, which will be given in Spring 2018. For more information, click here to learn about our awards structure.