Support Your LifeChanger:
Students and Parents of Students
Posting a supportive comment on your LifeChanger’s profile is a great way to tell them how much they mean to you. The comments are taken into consideration by the selection committee when determining winners. Additionally, the LifeChanger Spirit Award will be given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for his or her nomination.
You can also help us honor your LifeChanger on social media. Start by following LifeChanger of the Year on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, or scroll down for more ideas on how to support your LifeChanger. Be sure to use the hashtag #LCOY so we can see you showing your spirit!
Go above and beyond to support your LifeChanger! Here are some suggestions:
- Create a Pinterest board showing off your LifeChanger and some of the awesome things they've done in their community.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper using our template. Tell them about your LifeChanger and the amazing things they're doing to positively impact students and the school community. Or call a local reporter or tips line!
- Get in touch with your town administrator or other local community manager to discuss ways in which your town could support the nomination (on their website, for example).
- Share our social media templates with friends and family and encourage them to leave a comment on your LifeChanger’s profile and post on social media with #LCOY.
- Are you active in community or town hall meetings? Speak up about LifeChanger of the Year and share your LifeChanger’s story!
- Customize our poster template, print it and then post it on bulletin boards at local community centers and hubs. Post it electronically on your local Patch and other community forums.
- Reach out to local businesses and elected officials to spread the word. We've created letters and email templates so you can get started.