Support Your LifeChanger:
Schools, Districts and Colleagues
Posting a supportive comment on your LifeChanger’s profile is a great way to tell them how much they mean to you. The comments are taken into consideration by the selection committee when determining winners. Additionally, the LifeChanger Spirit Award will be given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for his or her nomination.
You can also help us honor your LifeChanger on social media. Start by following LifeChanger of the Year on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, or scroll down for more ideas on how to support your LifeChanger. Be sure to use the hashtag #LCOY so we can see you showing your spirit!
Go above and beyond to support your LifeChanger! Here are some suggestions:
- Create a Pinterest board showing off your LifeChanger and some of the awesome things they've done in their community.
- Do you have a school announcement sign in the front of your campus? Show you’re proud of your LifeChanger by posting “Home of a LifeChanger Nominee!” on the sign.
- Your school will be sent a poster once an educator is nominated, so make sure to put it in a visible place and use social media to show us its place of honor. You can also print and customize this poster template.
- Why not create a LifeChanger board alongside the poster? Encourage students to stick notes on it to say what the LifeChanger means to them.
- Recognize your LifeChanger at a school assembly, school committee meeting, or at halftime of school sporting events. Make sure to record it and send us the video via social media using #LCOY!
- Plaster the halls with homemade posters and banners supporting your LifeChanger!
- Customize our press release template to let local media know that there is a LifeChanger at your school or district.
- Live stream a video of your LifeChanger receiving their nominee certificate or poster on Facebook Live or Periscope!
- Upload our website buttons and banners to show LifeChanger spirit on your school or district website!
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper using our template. Tell them about your LifeChanger and the amazing things he or she is doing to positively impact students and the school community. You can also call a local reporter or tips line!
- Announce your LifeChanger’s nomination in your school newsletter or newspaper using these templates.
- Announce their nomination during morning announcements with our 25 second script!
- Supporting your LifeChanger as a school means involving the students as well as the faculty. By holding a pep rally, you’re involving the entire school in a great show of spirit and community.
- Make a LifeChanger t-shirt to show your support wherever you go!
- Write a letter to members of your community.