How it Works
To qualify for LifeChanger of the Year, nominees must be a K-12 educator, teacher, administrator, or any member of a school’s staff who makes a positive difference in the lives of students. The LifeChanger of the Year Awards will be granted without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Anyone – including administrators – can nominate up to three educators per academic year for LifeChanger of the Year. Students are also welcome to submit nominations, but must have the support of an adult if under the age of 18.
We want to make sure every LifeChanger knows how much they are appreciated. Here’s what happens when they’re nominated:
- Each LifeChanger will have a unique profile built on our website so their story can be shared. Colleagues, students, friends, and family – anyone who supports the nominee – can visit their LifeChanger's profile and leave a positive comment.
- We share our LifeChangers’ profiles and stories on social media.
- We send congratulatory posters to school administrators to help them celebrate the LifeChangers in their district. Each LifeChanger also receives a personalized certificate.
- We notify the local press about the amazing LifeChangers in their area.
Most importantly, each LifeChanger has a shot of being selected as one of our LifeChanger of the Year winners - which means a chance for them and their schools or districts to win cash prizes.
What Does a LifeChanger of the Year Winner Look Like?
The national LifeChanger of the Year selection committee, which is comprised of past LifeChanger of the Year winners and higher education professionals, reviews the nominations and selects multiple winners for each school year after nominations close. Learn about our past winners here.
To be considered for a LifeChanger of the Year award, nominees must:
- Make a positive impact in the lives of students
- Enhance their school or district’s atmosphere, culture and pride
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership at the school and/or district level
- Possess a proven record of professional excellence
- Show commitment to building a nurturing environment that supports learning
- Adhere to the highest moral and ethical standards
For more information regarding our awards structure, visit here.